Following a highly successful first year, we are about to launch the second CiteAb Antibody Awards.
The awards aim to celebrate the very best suppliers and individuals in the research antibody sector, recognising the efforts that are made to progress science.
Our founder, Dr Andrew Chalmers, said: “This year we have shaken up the categories slightly, and there should be an opportunity for all research antibody companies to get involved. We’re looking to recognise not just good business, but those making a significant contribution to the sector, and to advancing science.
“Many of the awards are open to nomination, both from researchers who use products from antibody companies, and in some cases from the companies themselves. Others are made using CiteAb data which is based on the analysis of hundreds of thousands of publications which use research antibodies.”
In total, the 2016 CiteAb Antibody Awards feature ten categories which are detailed below.
We are currently accepting applications for a headline sponsor the the 2016 CiteAb Antibody Awards, and for sponsors for each individual category.
We have some great sponsorship packages in place, so if your company is interested in getting involved in the 2016 CiteAb Antibody Awards, please contact us and we’ll have a chat about the possibilities.
It should be noted that sponsors can not enter the awards.
The award categories are:
- Researcher’s choice: for the antibody supplier the researchers who use Citeab say they have been most impressed by over the past 12 months.
- Most exciting antibody validation initiative: this award is open for suppliers to self-nominate or for third-party nomination, and recognises the best initiatives in antibody validation.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: this award will recognise and promote individuals who have made a an exceptional contribution to the research antibody industry over a sustained period of time.
- Custom antibody or alternative affinity reagent supplier: for the supplier of custom antibodies or alternative affinity reagents offer excellent service and fill a niche in the market. Self nomination and third party nomination are encouraged.
- CiteAb Antibody Company of the Year: this prestigious award recognises the most successful antibody company based on CiteAb data. We’re looking for the company with the most citations from 2015 data.
- Small company of the year: big isn’t always best – this award recognises the small company (with a maximum 1000 antibodies in its portfolio) with the most citations.
- Antibody of the year: this award is for the individual antibody that has been cited in peer reviewed academic literature the highest number of times during 2015.
- Company to watch in 2016: these are the fast growing companies that are worth keeping an eye on! For this award we’re looking for the antibody company that has shown the largest percentage increase in citations over the last 12 months.
- Company succeeding in neuroscience research: for those companies who are leading the way in providing antibodies for use in neuroscience research, for this award we’ll be reviewing CiteAb data to find the company with the most neuroscience research antibody citations.
- Company succeeding in stem cell research: for those companies who are leading the way in providing antibodies for use in stem cell research, for this award we’ll be reviewing CiteAb data to find the company with the most stem cell research antibody citations.
Nominations will open through the CiteAb Website on Wednesday 25th November.
The 2016 CiteAb Antibody Awards close for nominations at midnight (GMT) on Friday 22nd January, and winners will be announced on Monday 1st February.
– David and the CiteAb team