We’re hiring a business development manager! – no longer live
In this blog:
- We're hiring!
- Find out more about this opportunity.
- Discover how to get your application in today.
No longer live.
Location: Bath / Remote (UK Based)
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 per annum, uncapped OTE >£50,000
Hours: Full time (4.5 days per week with Friday afternoons off)
We’re looking for an experienced business development manager to hit the ground running by supporting our mission to provide data that accelerates science.
You’ll be the ideal candidate if you have existing experience within the Life Science industry in a similar role with a proven track record of driving new business acquisition for data-based products in the UK and US.
This is a brand new role within our small and highly ambitious team who are defining CiteAb as the world’s leading life science data company. We’re an innovative company with real growth potential that is fundamentally changing the way scientists from the world’s top universities and pharmaceutical companies find reagents that work.
About the role
As we continue to build our sales strategy in the US, you’ll be producing business development plans to grow sales of listings, suppliers and pharma/biotech sales, defining key target companies and planning outbound, inbound and upsell strategies. You’ll work closely with the CEO to agree key success metrics to measure growth and track sales stats.
You’ll need to be comfortable taking on a varied and demanding role that will give you responsibility for overseeing and driving new business acquisition at CiteAb. This includes everything from defining our business development strategy to establishing the needs of potential clients to closing and tracking sales as we grow our client base in the US.
You’ll be a natural at building a network of contacts and maintaining relationships with existing and potential new clients. We have an experienced team of Product Managers with who you’ll collaborate to upsell to their contacts and close sales. On the back of your success in the role, there will be ample opportunities to grow your team and develop new hires.
CiteAb, is a market leading life science data company based in Bath (UK). CiteAb supports many world-leading reagent suppliers with high quality market data, listing services and citation & published image provision. These products help inform business decisions and development for our clients, and have great potential for further growth.
- Have at least three years of success within a sales, business development or similar role in the life science or pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Be degree educated (or equivalent experience) ideally in the life sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Immunology or related subject areas)
- Have enthusiasm and motivation to drive acquisition of new business that empowers our clients and drives their success, whilst also helping us grow
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and a natural ability to evangelize
- Have an ability to listen, empathize and understand the needs of potential partners
- Be able to build networks of individuals within our industry
- Have the ability to work largely self sufficiently, but also to collaborate closely with other team members when required
- An established network of contacts within life science reagent suppliers or pharmaceutical/biotech companies
- A PhD or significant research experience
- 4.5 day week (for a full salary) – we don’t work Friday afternoons
- Unlimited holiday policy
- Private health care
- Option of working remotely in the UK, or from a great office based in the heart of the beautiful city of Bath. Or a bit of both!
- Opportunity for part time and/or flexible working
- Extensive paid travel to visit clients and attend life science conferences, especially in the USA
- A variety of team social events
Applications are now open! Apply by following this link.
CiteAb are committed to considering diversity, equality and inclusion in our recruitment process.