No longer live -We’re recruiting! Biologist wanted to join our team
In this blog:
- We're looking for a data product manager!
- Learn more about the role
- Find out why you'd want to work at CiteAb
No longer live
Here at CiteAb we’re looking for a graduate with a bioscience or related degree to join our team and manage some of our key data products.
Job title: Data product manager (Bioscience)
Salary: £26,000 to £28,000 (Based on qualifications and experience)
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Advert placed on: Thursday the 8th of February.
Closes: 10 am on Monday the 26th of Feb.
Expected interview date: 6th or 7th of March
Ideal start date: April 2024
About the role
This is an opportunity to join CiteAb, a market leading life science data company based in Bath (UK). CiteAb provides data that accelerates scientific progress by helping scientists find, and suppliers sell, reagents that work.
If you want to join our small, highly ambitious team, you’ll need to be comfortable taking on a demanding role that gives you ownership and responsibility for delivering one or more of our key data products.
It’s important you can work collaboratively, interact well with our existing team and clients and be looking to apply your enthusiasm for science outside of a lab setting to help researchers from across the globe progress their work more quickly.
At CiteAb we mine the scientific literature to understand how research products have been used; the information we collect powers both our search engine for researchers, and our data-based products for reagent suppliers, pharma/biotech companies and investors.
Our data products, including market data, listing services and citation & published image provision, help companies inform pivotal business decisions and drive development. For researchers, our reagent search engine fundamentally changes how they find products that work and is used by a million scientists from the world’s top universities and pharmaceutical companies.
These unique services enable us to help scientists and suppliers from across the globe tackle the big problems in life science research.
- Have enthusiasm, motivation and an eye for detail to help us produce data products of the highest possible quality
- Have data analysis skills and be able to glean and interpret insights from datasets
- Understand how research antibodies are used
- Have the ability to work closely with team members and our partners in life science reagent companies
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to explain complicated data products to others
- Have a degree (or equivalent experience) which is most likely to be in the life sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Immunology or related subject areas), although candidates with other degrees and relevant experience will be actively considered
- Extensive experience of working with large datasets and/or working in a research laboratory
- Ability to drive improvements to our existing products and contribute to the development of innovative new products
- Have some experience with MySQL, Python, Tableau or PowerBi (or similar BI reporting tools).
The post would suit a recent graduate as full training will be given to the right candidate.
- Competitive salary
- 4.5 day week (for a full salary) – we don’t work Friday afternoons
- Unlimited holiday policy
- Private health care
- Work from a great office based in the heart of the beautiful city of Bath
- Opportunity for part time and/or flexible working, with the expectation to be in the office at least once a week
- Opportunities to travel to meet our partners and attend life science conferences, especially in the USA
- A variety of team social events
- Opportunity for professional and personal skill development through a company subscription to an extensive online learning platform
Find out more about working at CiteAb on our careers page: https://www.citeab.com/careers
To apply, please send us an email including a recent CV, covering letter and the details of two referees to email@example.com . Or for more information simply drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
No agencies or recruiters for this role please.
- The CiteAb team