Here at CiteAb we’re looking for a Graduate Data Scientist (Biological Sciences) to join our team.
Salary: Competitive (Based on qualifications and experience)
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: 6 months in first instance with potential for a permanent position
Advert placed on: 14 of April 2016
Closes: 5th of June 2016
An opportunity to join CiteAb, a disruptive new spin out company that is based in Bath (UK) and specialises in generating insightful data from life science publications. This data is used to power the CiteAb antibody search engine and in the production of specialist life science market datasets.
The successful candidate will work with us to generate high quality data and in preparing datasets for clients. The role will include:
- Production of high quality life science reagent market datasets.
- Uploading information to the CiteAb database.
- Working to improve data quality and expand its range.
- Working with members of the CiteAb team and potentially supervising other scientists who are working on the data.
– Have enthusiasm, an eye for detail and the motivation to help us produce data of the highest possible quality.
– Be quick to grasp concepts and understand a diverse range of data requirements.
– A degree (or equivalent experience) which is most likely to be in the life sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Immunology or related degrees), although candidates with other degrees and data experience will be actively considered.
– Confident with using a wide range of computer programs and with handling data in spreadsheets.
– Good written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to explain complicated data to others.
– Ability to work as a key part of a small team and interact with our friends and tech partners- Storm (https://www.stormconsultancy.co.uk/).
– A good understanding of research antibodies and the applications they are used for.
– Past experience in data analysis.
– A basic knowledge of programming.
The post would suit a recent graduate as full training will be given to the right candidate.
– Competitive salary.
– 4.5 day week (for a full salary) – we don’t work Friday afternoons.
– Unlimited holiday policy.
– Work from a great office based in the heart of the beautiful city of Bath.
– A MacBook and cinema screen to work with.
– Flexible working.
– Opportunities to attend relevant events and conferences, as well as other training.
– A variety of team social events.
Please note, as this role is based at our offices in central Bath we’re not accepting applications for remote working.