No longer live
Here at CiteAb we’re looking for a graduate with a bioscience or related degree to join our team and manage some of our key data products.
Job title: Data product manager (Bioscience)
Salary: £24,000 to £26,000 (Based on qualifications and experience)
Hours: Full time, but part time and flexible working also considered
Contract Type: Permanent
Advert placed on: Wednesday the 18th of May.
Closes: 10 am on Friday the 10th of June.
Expected interview date: Wednesday the 29th or Thursday the 30th of June.
Ideal start date: July to October 2022
About the role
This is an opportunity to join CiteAb, a market leading life science data company based in Bath (UK). CiteAb provides data that accelerates scientific progress by helping scientists find, and suppliers sell, reagents that work.
If you want to join our small, highly ambitious team and help us continue to define CiteAb as the world’s leading life science data company, you’ll need to be comfortable taking on a demanding role that gives you ownership and responsibility for delivering one or more of our key data products.
It’s important you can work collaboratively to help produce and improve these top quality data products. There is the opportunity for client interaction within this role, as well as applying your scientific understanding outside of a lab setting.
At CiteAb we mine the scientific literature for citation data, which powers our data-based products for suppliers and our search engine for researchers. Our products include market data, listing services and citation & published image provision, which help inform business decisions and development for our clients. By working with scientists from the world’s top universities, pharmaceutical companies and life science reagent suppliers, we are helping drive progress in the life science sector.
- Have enthusiasm, motivation and an eye for detail to help us produce data products of the highest possible quality
- Have data analysis skills and be able to glean and interpret insights from datasets
- Understand how antibodies and other life science reagents are used
- Have the ability to work closely with team members and our partners in life science reagent companies
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to explain complicated data products to others
- Have a degree (or equivalent experience) which is most likely to be in the life sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Immunology or related subject areas), although candidates with other degrees and relevant experience will be actively considered
- Extensive experience of working with large datasets and/or working in a research laboratory
- Ability to drive improvements to our existing products and contribute to the development of innovative new products
- Have some experience with MySQL, Python, Tableau or PowerBi (or similar BI reporting tools).
The post would suit a recent graduate as full training will be given to the right candidate.
- Competitive salary
- 4.5 day week (for a full salary) – we don’t work Friday afternoons
- Unlimited holiday policy
- Private health care
- Work from a great office based in the heart of the beautiful city of Bath
- Opportunity for part time and/or flexible working, with the expectation to be in the office at least once a week
- Opportunities to travel to meet our partners and attend life science conferences, especially in the USA
- A variety of team social events
- Opportunity for professional and personal skill development through a company subscription to an extensive online learning platform
To apply, please send us an email including a recent CV, covering letter and the details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or for more information simply drop us an email (email@example.com).
No agencies or recruiters for this role please.