THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS HAS NOW CLOSED
Here at CiteAb we’re looking for a graduate in Computer Science to join our team and help to develop our industry leading data curation, machine learning and search engine technology.
Job title: Graduate Developer
Salary: Starting £22 – £27k
Hours: Full Time. Part time and flexible working also considered
Contract Type: Permanent
Advert placed on: 21st of March 2017
Interviews: TBC, early April
This is an opportunity to join CiteAb, a market leading life science data company based in Bath (UK). CiteAb specialises in generating insight from scientific publications and since launching in 2013 has fast become one of the most influential voices within the life science community. CiteAb data is used daily by tens of thousands of scientists who work in the world’s leading academic institutions, pharmaceutical companies and reagent suppliers.
We regularly undertake R&D projects to expand the scope and capability of our automated data extraction and processing systems. You’ll play a key role in identifying and exploring such opportunities, with a view to deploying new tools to our production workflow.
- Be a competent programmer. We use Ruby, and we’ll want you to become proficient in it (along with Rails) but we don’t expect you to know it on day 1.
- Have experience using databases and writing SQL queries.
- Have strong communication skills, with excellent spoken and written English.
- Have the ability to work as a key part of a small team and interact with our friends and tech partners.
- Have, or be working towards, a University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject
- Interest in information extraction and retrieval techniques, machine learning or AI.
- Experience writing code to work with large datasets
- Follow good software development process, including the use of source control, writing documentation and creating an automated test suite.
- A basic knowledge of biology will be helpful
The post would suit a recent graduate as full training will be given to the right candidate.
- Competitive salary
- 4.5 day week (for a full salary) – we don’t work Friday afternoons
- Unlimited holiday policy
- Work from a great office based in the heart of the beautiful city of Bath
- A MacBook and cinema screen to work with
- Opportunity for part time and/or flexible working
- Opportunities to attend relevant events and conferences, as well as other training
- A variety of team social events
Please note, as this role is based at our offices in central Bath we’re not accepting applications for remote working.
To apply, please send us an email including a recent CV, a covering letter and the details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or for more information simply drop us an email.
** Categorically no agencies / recruiters **