Scientific communications expert wanted to join our team – no longer live
In this blog:
- We're recruiting!
- Find out who we're looking for
- Discover what the role entails
No longer live
Here at CiteAb we’re looking for a talented scientific communicator to join our team and take charge of our communications activities. The ideal candidate should have existing experience in a science communications role, be looking for a new challenge and be happy taking responsibility for the communications of a small but ambitious and growing company.
Job title: Scientific communications manager (Bioscience)
Salary: £24,000 to £30,000 (Based on qualifications and experience)
Hours: Full time, but part time and flexible working also considered
Contract Type: Permanent
Advert placed on: Thursday the 24th of June.
Closes: 12 noon on Monday the 19th of July.
Expected interview date: Tuesday the 3rd or Wednesday the 4th of August.
This is an opportunity to join CiteAb, a market leading life science data company based in Bath (UK). CiteAb runs a search engine that helps scientists from the world’s top universities and pharmaceutical companies and provides data and insights to many of the most successful life science reagent companies.
If you want to join our small, highly ambitious team and help us continue to define CiteAb as the world’s leading life science data company, you’ll need to be comfortable taking on a varied and demanding role that will build on your existing experience and see you take over as lead for our communications. The position would give you responsibility for planning and delivering a wide range of activities, including identifying suitable topics and insights from our data, generating copy for our blogs and social media, entering us for awards and helping to organise webinars and conferences.
- Have enthusiasm, motivation and a love of science and storytelling
- Have experience in scientific communications, ideally a couple of years working as part of an agency or in-house communications team
- Possess excellent written communication skills and be confident drafting blogs, mail outs and social media posts
- Have the ability to work closely with team members and our partners in universities, pharmaceutical companies and life science reagent companies
- Have a degree (or equivalent experience) which is most likely to be in the life sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Immunology or related subject areas), although candidates with other degrees and relevant experience will be actively considered
- Solid understanding of the life science research including a good grasp as to how antibodies and other reagents are used
- Be highly organised and have helped to deliver complicated events, ideally comparable to our awards or antibody validation meeting
- Worked to produce press releases and have dealt with media enquiries
The post will most likely require existing communications experience, but outstanding recent graduates, with significant relevant experience from a placement or other activities, may also be considered.
- Competitive salary
- 4.5 day week (for a full salary) – we don’t work Friday afternoons
- Unlimited holiday policy
- Private health care
- Work from a great office based in the heart of the beautiful city of Bath
- Opportunity for part-time and/or flexible working
- Opportunities to travel to meet our partners and attend life science conferences, especially in the USA
- A variety of team social events
Please note, while we are currently working from home, we expect that we will return to the office at least part time and so we’re not accepting applications for fully remote working.